8 Popular Double Umbrella Strollers To Consider For Your Baby-Transporting Needs
The purpose behind an umbrella stroller is to transport your child from one location to the next easily. It doesn’t weigh very much at all and can be easily folded for easy storage. Double umbrella strollers are quite similar, but they’re a bit heavier.
There are some exceptions to double umbrella strollers:
- They don’t have any bells and whistles that full-size strollers have – large storage baskets, large canopies, all-terrain wheels, accessories, etc.
They’re great to use for traveling, whether it’s by car or plane.
What Are The Best Double Umbrella Strollers?
Kolcraft Cloud Side-by-Side Stroller ($100)
Kolcraft has long been equated with baby products. The side-by-side stroller, which cost about $100, is fairly basic and does what it needs to do, which is to transport your children. It can be folded easily and put away. What are some other positive reasons to consider this stroller?
t’s reasonably priced
- It weighs just 21 pounds
- Reclinable seats despite a clunky mechanism
- It can easily fit in your vehicle’s trunk
- It has a cup holder
- It comes with a canopy that includes a visor extension
Some of the negative aspects of this stroller includes:
- A little flimsy
- It doesn’t come with a bottom storage basket
- It can hold up to 70 pounds – no more
- It only has a three-point harness, unlike the normal five-point harnesses
If you need something quick and easy, this is the stroller for you. They fit easily into trunks and can get past the airline gate checks.
An extremely popular stroller in Europe, which has made its way to the U.S., is the Chicco Echo Twin. They’re affordable ($190) and very sturdy. It’s well-designed umbrella stroller that’s highly compact and will fit easily into small places. The downside of this stroller is that it’s practically 40 pounds – very heavy to carry. What are some of the positive aspects to the stroller?
- It has a five-point harness system
- Tall handles
- It’s very sturdy
- It can easily be pushed unlike other umbrella strollers
- The leg/calf support can be adjusted
- It comes with an average-sized storage basket
- It can be flat reclined
What are the negative aspects to it?
- It’s very heavy – more than 35 pounds
- There’s a tiny canopy, which means the sun can still get through
- It only comes in the color gray
- All three brakes must be engaged to keep it stationary
If you don’t have a lot of space to spare and don’t mind buying the extras that go along with it (cup holder, sunshade, etc.), then this is the perfect stroller. It’s also usable for airline and vehicle travels.
Zoe XL2 Deluxe ($249)
At 16 pounds, there is no better double umbrella stroller that’s great for traveling and convenience. What are some other good aspects about this stroller?
- A lot of storage thanks to its large basket
- 50 pounds per seat
- Four-panel canopies to cover your children with
- It can be quickly folded
- Its Deluxe version comes with all kinds of accessories – snack holder, cup holder, strap pads, etc.
- It has a lifetime wheel replacement guarantee
- You can customize it for how you’d like
What are some negative points to this double umbrella stroller?
- It’s expensive at the rate of $249
- The wheels don’t travel well on flat service, and can’t be used on the beach
- Pop-off cup holders if you’re not careful
- Lightweight and flimsy
A lightweight stroller that comes with a large storage basket and wheel replacement promise.
Kinderwagon HOP ($300)
At the price of $300, the Kinderwagon HOP can hold two children, similar in age and who weigh less than 50 pounds apiece. The seats are fairly shallow – too small for four-year-olds and too big for three-year-olds. The seats have a five-point, padded harness. The front seat comes with a bumper bar, adjustable leg rest and can be reclined. For the rear seat, it’s up higher and can handle a three-month-old infant. Napping children should seat in the back.
What are some of the positive aspects of the HOP?
- It comes with a cup holder
- It’s equipped with a rain cover
- The canopy includes two peekaboo windows so you can see what’s going on
- It comes with tall handlebars
- It has a medium-sized basket – it can’t hold a large diaper bag
- It comes with a rear and front-wheel suspension – it can’t handle the rough terrain
- Folding mechanism is easy to use even when you’re wearing flip-flops
- The belly bar lets you easily carry the stroller, as it doesn’t have a carry strap
- It’s about 22 pounds and can be easily folded – great for air travel
What are some negative points?
- Many people complain that it doesn’t’ have deep seats, which means unstrapped children will slide down.
- It’s only useful for children under the age of four or who are smaller than their age range.
Summer Infant 3Dtwo ($200)
If you want a convenient stroller, then the 3Dtwo “Double Convenience Stroller” may be up your alley (and pocketbook). It’s easy to carry because of its lightweight nature, but that’s not all it has to offer:
- It weighs just 18 pounds
- You can easily maneuver it
- It’s just an inch longer than single umbrella strollers
- High handles (ideal for tall folks)
- Includes a parent cup holder
- Mesh side pocket to easily access the important items
The negative points of this stroller are:
- High handles not ideal for short parents – 5’4” inches or shorter)
- Should not be used for infants (six months or younger)
- It’s not ideal for bigger kids (rather best for kids older than six months and around five-years-old)
- It’s not useful for daily use
- It doesn’t offer a great storage basket
Should you consider the Hop? At $200, it’s great to maneuver down narrow aisles and run your errands quickly. It’s definitely a convenience stroller, as it claims to be. It’s great to use while traveling and isn’t as well-designed as other strollers you can purchase.
Maclaren Twin Triumph ($300)
The umbrella stroller inventor Maclaren came up with the widely popular double umbrella stroller dubbed the Twin Triumph. This stroller weighs slightly more than 21 pounds and is great even if your home is small. It’s made of high-quality material that can withstand the daily abuse you give it. There are so many good things about this double umbrella stroller including but not limited to:
- Handles have pads on them
- Can be compactly folded
- Average-sized storage baskets
- Couple of deep storage pockets located in the back
- Five-point harness that comes with three height positions
- It’s equipped with a rain cover
- Additional security netting at the bottom, meaning small babies are safe and won’t fall out
- It’s sold with a Sovereign Lifetime Guarantee
- It can hold up to 110 pounds
There are just two key problems with this stroller though:
- It’s hard to adjust the harness for height
- It’s not flip-flop friendly
With that said, the $300 stroller is more for people who live in the city and needs to carry strollers upstairs or who don’t have a lot of space. It’s a travel-friendly stroller for both airline and car.
Maclaren Twin Techno ($500)
At nearly $500 and weighing 26 pounds, the Marclaren Twin Techno is a durable version of the Triumph that comes with an array of features to it. It’s equipped with a suspension system to deal with the road’s bumps, has leg rests you can adjust, and includes shoulder pads and head huggers too.
If you want a luxury umbrella stroller that can still be compactly folded, then you want the Twin Techno stroller.
2015 UPPAbaby G-LINK ($499)
This stroller weighs a whopping 24.5 pounds and is definitely more expensive than most. However, it’s made from high-quality material, which ensures it’ll last longer than cheaper models. It goes with a large canopy that includes a peekaboo window and pockets on both sides of the seat. The stroller includes an attached cup holder. It can be folded, which will stand on its own – ideal if you’re headed into a restaurant or small café. If your vehicle is tight in space, it’s still going to fit.
People who love to travel by plane will find how useful the stroller is. Keep your baby in the double stroller or a side by side best double umbrella stroller as you go rushing for the plane – they’ll never wake up from the jostling you’re sure to be doing.